How to become a member
To become a member of CAHPI, an inspector must meet rigorous professional and educational requirements followed by a review. They must also adhere to the Association's Code of Ethics which demands fairness and impartiality towards clients.
As a member of a CAHPI you receive on-going benefits of membership provided to you by CAHPI.
There are two CAHPI membership designations:
National Certificate Holder®
Registered Home Inspector (RHI)®
Earn the National Certificate Holder® designation by:
- Achieve a passing score for the National Home Inspector Exam (NHIE)
- Completion of 10 mentored inspections
- Report verification by mentor
- Practical training (Teaching Test Inspection with Peer Review)
After meeting the requirements for National Certificate Holder, you may want to earn the Registered Home Inspector (RHI)® designation by:
- Passing the RHI Test Inspection Peer Review
- Completion of 250 Home Inspections